France are in Poland to defend their World League title
Lausanne, Switzerland, July 12, 2016 – French men’s coach Laurent Tillie on Tuesday announced his squad for the Rio Olympic Games (August 5-21).
Tillie announced his squad in Poland, where the France team will compete in the Final Six of the FIVB World League this week.
Lyneel and D'Almedia will now have to regroup in order to give their best in Krakow and help Les Bleus retain their title in the World League.
“The choice was difficult as always,” Tillie said. “In making my decision, I had to take into account what’s happened in the past season. In attack, Nicolas Marechal and Trevor Clevenot have played much more than Julien Lyneel, even though he performed well during the first phase of the World League.
“As for Horacio D'Almeida, his physical size was important for the team and he blended in very well, but again I opted for the superior experience of someone who has been with us for many years.
“I explained my choice to Julien and Horacio, which was of course hard, and they will stay with us until the end, because they are part of the team and we need them for the Final Six of the World League and the last two weeks of preparation that follow.”
France Olympic Squad
2. Jenia Grebennikov 13.08.90 AS Volley Lube (ITA)
4. Antonin Rouzier 08.18.86 Arksspor Izmir (TUR)
5. Trevor Clévenot 28/06/1994 Toulouse
6. Benjamin Toniutti 30/10/89 Kedzierzyn-Kozle (POL)
7. Kevin Tillie 11/02/90 Kedzierzyn-Kozle (POL)
9. Ngapeth Earvin 02/12/91 Modena (ITA)
10. Kevin Le Roux 05.11.89 Halkbank Ankara (TUR)
13 Pujol Pierre 13/07/84 AS Cannes
14. Nicolas Le Goff 15/02/92 Berlin (GER)
16. Nicolas Marechal 03/04/87 Belchatow (POL)
17. Franck Lafitte 03.08.89 Arago Sète
18. Rossard Thibault 28/08/1993 Arago Sète